• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clear background for an image file & remove dots

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to have clear background for this image, have the letters PAUSE on a while background, and remove the oval dots just inside the oval boarder.

What steps should I use

Pause.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's such an easy graphic to create, you should just make it how you want from scratch.  About two minutes work. The font looks like Arial Regular

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also could color rage select black. Expand the selection by 1 px. use the eyedropper to sample the red color and fill the selector with the foreground color.  you cam also fill the gray area will a white paint bucket.

Pause.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also with

You just need to apply 2 tools there to achieve it.  1. Lasso Tool to select dots area and apply same color on there.

Forum aDobe1.png

2. Now choose Magic Wand Tool to select around the object.

Forum aDobe2.png

Finally delete it or apply any colors what you need.

Forum aDobe3.png

Forum-aDobe4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not get the Lasso tool to just select the dots.  After I drag the Lasso around the dots, then use the Magic Wand, the outline of Pause is also selected.  I will try and find a video on how to use the lasso and magic wand.

Photoshop is not very intuitive on how to do simple tasks like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thing done in digital image processing is not intuitive. For example it surprised me to learn that sharpening an image was accomplished by blurring.

Photoshop has many feature to help you to select things the magic wand and lasso tools are not a good tool choices for selecting those dots.   Photoshop has a huge learning curve many thing need to be learned and much is not intuitive.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What tools would you suggest I use to select the dots? I just want to remove the dots and leave everything inside the dots as is.  Then I want a clear background to the image.

Huge learning curve is right.  I have been using Photoshop for over 10 years, but not on a regular basis.  I consider myself a skilled computer user.  My first computer was an Apple II.  I ran a business with MS PCs and mini computers,  I have now retired and teach seniors on all things Apple.  I don't teach Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The gray matter tool between your ears Read Photoshop Masking & Compositing [Katrin Eismann]

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines