• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are developing a web application [jsp.asp] and providing [Robohelp] webhelp. There is concern that someone could get access to the webhelp if they obtain the url. Due to the nature of the business this would reveal sensitive information. Does anyone know if there is a way to add security.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2008 Aug 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever receive an answer to your question about security to prevent an outside user from accessing your help file? This issue became real to us today and I have had no luck finding a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wendy

There is no means that I know of to achieve this from RH or any other tool. The help has to be in a location that cannot be accessed by unauthorised users and that is down to your developers.

I suggest you edit out your email address to prevent yourself getting spam when the address gets picked up. Also the idea of the forum is that answers are posted here so that others benefit.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - I edited my message. I did want the answer both posted and sent, but I'm desperate. Thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

I asked our engineer to share his knowledge. Here's a direct quote. Good Luck!

"We setup our application to create a cookie when the user logs in. We renamed the default.htm page in the generated help files to default.asp, and check to make sure the user has the cookie at the top of the page. If not, we display an error message. This will only prevent users from launching the help system using the default page. If they know a specific help content url it will not protect against this."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wendy -

Your options are outside of RoboHelp and reside on your Web server and with your Web master. You'll need password/authentication to access your site, etc. and that is not part of RH.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp