Exit

Custom Shapes panel takes 5-10 seconds to load in every time

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm on CS6.

I've had no problems with PS for years- runs like a dream.

But, I recently got a Custom Shapes file form my friend and tried them, but every time I right click in the image it is taking about 5-10 seconds to load them in.

There is only about  60 of them and he has absolutely no issues like me. They appear instantaneously for him every time.

Would anyone know why this could be happening and have any suggestions please?

Cheers,

Marc

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you load them where are you loading them from? If they are on a thumb drive, or external drive that needs to wake, that could slow things down.

Try placing them in "user">Library>Application Support>Adobe>Adobe Photoshop CS6>Presets>Custom Shapes, and see if that speeds up loading.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

no it's not that I'm afraid.

I've placed them in that folder at the start.

Also, I tried placing them in C/Programme Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Presets/Custom Shapes too and the same result...

Every other thing is correct too as I've done this before.

What other factors could do this? Could it be the file size of the CSH file? Anything? I'm at a loss...

Could it be the Shapes themselves?

As I say, my friend has no issues with them...

Thanks for any more suggestions..!

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the shapes set it's hard to tell more, but if it's one (or just a few) of the shapes that is the problem you could isolate it by saving them out in sets of 10 or 20, and then loading them in, each one replacing the previous set. That way you could see if something in those reduced sets is the cause of the problem. Then save that set in smaller sets until you get to the one(s) that won't load quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

ok, I'll try that tomorrow.

Would saving presets be the same or do I need to save out as different Custom Shape collections? Does it matter?

if it doesnt work, would me sending you the files help?

regards,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would go to the flyout menu (gear icon) at top right of the Shape menu in the options bar, and choose Save Shapes.

I’ll take a look too if you want. I can’t guarantee I will figure out the problem and I don’t work for Adobe, so just setting expectations. You can use this link to upload them. I’ll get a notification when they are uploaded.

Dropbox - Submit files

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines