• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF export from indesign including only a solid color (not the cmyk parts)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

please excuse my english, I'm from germany.

I need your help:

For an international book production parts of an Indesign file have process color, the specific national parts have solid color "text black". Now I have to produce a PDF that includes only the "text black" parts.

Normally all the printers get a PDF that contains all the colors and separates in acrobat himself. But not in this case.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your help

Roger

[Moved from the non-support, general, all-of-Adobe forums Lounge to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Easy way: Place your localized contents on a separate layer, hide other layers and export to pdf just your layer.

If above is not possible, try this:

You can (old style) print to PostScript, where in print dialog you can turn off process colors and leave only your spot black:

print2.png

Next, use Distiller to produce PDF from your printed *.ps file (use custom profile with "Leave Color Unchanged" to preserve your spot black):

distiller.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But not in this case"

Can you describe this case with more detail, please?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"in this case ..." means ... I have to send a pdf that only includes those parts of all sides coloured with the solid color "text black".

I hope you understand now what I wanted to say. If not, please ask  ...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally in co-editions printed in colour, as you no doubt know, all the text is in black (not rich black), so that you just have one plate change for other languages. Is this the issue you want advice about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi derek, thanks for your answer. Yes its nearly as you wrote. All the parts of the book, that are not "nationalized" are already printed in cmyk.

After that the printer wants to get my pdf with the german texts (and other black parts) that all have the color "text black" as solid color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Easy way: Place your localized contents on a separate layer, hide other layers and export to pdf just your layer.

If above is not possible, try this:

You can (old style) print to PostScript, where in print dialog you can turn off process colors and leave only your spot black:

print2.png

Next, use Distiller to produce PDF from your printed *.ps file (use custom profile with "Leave Color Unchanged" to preserve your spot black):

distiller.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rudo,

thanks for your help. Easy way would be the best, but I’ve got the file as it is and don’t want to change parts out of the layers now (because its difficult to see, what happens in this case). If I would make a new book, this would be the way prefered, thats true.

Now I want to produce the postscript-file, as you told me. I work on a mac with OSX 10.11.6 and the file is in Indesign CC2017.

But I don't have the choice to change the PPD to "Adobe PDF 9".

Could you help again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download "ADPDF9.PPD" here:

http://indesignsecrets.com/downloads/forcedl/ADPDF9.PPD

and place here (into PPDS folder):

path.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(if PPDS folder not present, just create one)

Also do not forget in Print dialog set Paper size to "Custom" to fit print marks (must be bigger size than your page, it does not automatically enlarge "background" as with pdf export) and Page position: "Centered". And check in Advanced / Transparency flattener to "High resolution" and in Grapics / Images / Send data to "All" (!!!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To all of you, who want to help me  ... and especially to rudo:

My problem is solved!

Thats exactly the way to produce such a pdf, what I needed to get.

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines