• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing ease in function Graph edit handle

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm using After effect 2017 when i goes and want to edit ease handle so handle doesn't appear please help to appear my handle to edit ease in speed Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bezier handles are only available on certain properties. In the graph editor press the g key to bring up the pen tool and then hover over any of the keyframes and hold down the Alt/Option key. I the pointer does not change to the convert point tool then try selecting a different graph type. If you still don't get a convert point tool (sideways V) then you have chosen a property that is not compatible with bezier controls.

For more help, and better help, paste a PrintScreen screenshot of your entire AE window with modified properties the layers giving you problems selected and the composition selected in the Project Panel so we can see what's going on. If you are on a Mac then press Shift + Ctrl/Cmnd + 3 to take a full screenshot of the app and drag it from the desktop. If you are on Windows press PrintScreen and paste (Ctrl/Cmnd + v) so we can see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing-handle.jpg

Thank you so much for reply my problem question but my problem different.Look at this image i hope this time you understand what i say please tell me how can i active my graph editor handle which help to set ease in and ease out speed according to setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right-click on the keyframe (back in the regular timeline) and choose ease in, and then go back to the graph editor, do you have a Bezier handle like you expect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

I'm having the same exact problem except I have two layers of the same type of image, both .ai assets.  The first one I applied easy ease in and out and the used the graph editor to adjust the handles, no problem.  Applied the exact same workflow to the second one and the handles are not available. 

So to answer your question for ghazia, the first time applying easy ease did work, the second time it did not for the same type of object and the same type of value (position).

Any ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it but not in an informative way for other users.  I ended up copying the keyframes from the asset that did contain handles into the object that didn't and the handles appeared.  Still not sure what makes them available and what doesn't. 

For those with this problem, try to find something that does have handles, copy and paste, then you can adjust them to that object's needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you just click "separate dimension" it will appear the graph handle (right click at layer or click icon under graph)

sorry about my language

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines