• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't export LR slideshow as video

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running standalone  LR 6.8 on 27" IMac w OS X 10.11.6. 

I have two issues:

1. I can not export a slideshow as a video if it contains any portrait oriented slides.

2. Slides in slideshow fill frame when slideshow is played in "Preview" mode but do not fill free when played in "Play" mode.

Any help would be appreciated,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What options have you set?

- Zoom to Fill Frame?

- Pan and Zoom?

Of your portrait-oriented slides, are any originally landscape format which have been cropped to portrait?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried all combinations of fill frame and pan and zoom. No effect. Portrait slides were shot portrait. Interesting I can export to video if I remove the portrait slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is definitely something odd in this area, but I'm not sure I've ever seen any pattern other than the points above.

Try generating 1:1 previews for the files in Library. Sometimes that seems to unblock things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. Previews are 1:1. This is really strange. I also note that when I have stroke border checked, the slide show is fine in "Preview " mode  but when I switch to "Play" mode some of the slides have a border while others have no border but are surrounded by a frame? The slides that appear to "float " in the frame were heavily cropped from the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like there is a bug in this area which was supposed to have been fixed. But I can reproduce it. Adobe are aware of it - see https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/adobe-lightroom-will-not-export-both-portrait...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the link you sent. It does seem that others are having the same export problem. I have not seen mention of the other problem regarding the border though. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up fiddling with LR. Too much time wasted. Exported as Full Size JPEGs. Imported into Photo and created slideshow there in about 2 minutes. Added Cover and close from Keynote and inserted in proper place. Exported/Saved as video. Done in less than 10 minutes.

Adobe should just discard Slideshow. It is a time waster with no real capability to produce a full featured slideshow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are morons who never fix anything.  Same as the bulk deletion bug on Develop module and same as the crappy high CPU usage bug, random freezing and shutting down, and overall slowness.  I too have the slideshow issue to add to many.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and after trying practically everything suggested, I solved the problem by exporting my images as jpgs, re-importing them as jpgs and then the slideshow was made easily.  I tried both with low res and hi res jpg and both worked.  Seems like the DNG format is the holdup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with the latest LR CC on Mojave. Would not save as a movie - would as a PDF though.

Jarip ... has saved the day as I did exactly as she/he suggested - exported to jpgs to 3000k - then reimported them and it worked fine. I had a mix of .jpgs and DNG format so his analysis is probably correct. Also had a mix of portrait and landscape so that probably does not make a difference.

Having said that the module is still somewhat clunky and Adobe should have fixed this some time ago. I too was about to go the Photo or iMovie or keynote route too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(same problem here - latest version og MacOS / Adobe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There were a couple of portrait images in my slide show of 3500 images (at 10 fps) in LR on Windows. Removing them did not fix the problem. Tried exporting as jpgs, importing them to a new collection and creating a slide show from them as sugested in this thread but that did not help. Evcentually determined that LR was creating a png cache file for each image of the slideshow in the C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\velo directory and it was filling up the C drive. Once the process errored out it would delete all the cache files so you wouldn't see that was the problem. 

There is no way to change the location in LR of where the application stores these cache files, its on the same drive as where LR is installed.

• I closed Lightroom.
  • Moved the  C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches directory to a new location, D:\Lightroom\Caches.
  • Opened a Command prompt console in admin mode and used mlink to create a hard symbolic link (option /D) to the new location: 
  • C:\WINDOWS\system32>mklink /D C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches D:\Lightroom\Caches
  • The commands output is "symbolic link created for C:\Users\richardj\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches <<===>> D:\Lightroom\Caches"

Reran the export video command which was successful. Looks like I needed close to 40GB free diskspace to make the video and the C drive only had 25GB free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines