• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what resource does AE use for timeline rendering of puppet animation?

Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to do some puppet animation on after effect cs6 with images painted on photoshopcs6. Im expecting some rather heavy rigging made of large bitmaps in complex scenes. I want to makes full use  2.5D (flat elements animated in a 3D space...). I also want to use plenty of camera movements and custom cameras. I don't expect to create actuals 3d shapes... I may use plugins for rubber hose effect...

I want the timeline to stay responsive. I want to animate something and be able to preview it as fast as possible.

I want the software to be as responsive as possible during work basically...

My graphic card left me for a better world and I need to replace it. Some question to help me in my choice couldn't find answers.

• I was wondering if the kind of work I'm asking from after effect take the resources from the cpu or the graphic card?
  • in which way would a high end graphic card make my workflow more fluid?
  • can a flat layer that I would bend or curve be rendered only through ray tracing?

Thank you for any help and I truly hope I expressed myself in an understandable way

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more a question for the After Effects folk, and probably better posted on their forum. I can move it there if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think "puppet" in this case is the AE puppet tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved the Ae forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't really rely on video cards very much.  You'd get one more for its use in OTHER applications.

Now, what DOES matter in AE CS6 is fast processors and lots of RAM.

Whatcha got?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mp25239953  wrote

can a flat layer that I would bend or curve be rendered only through ray tracing?

In CS6, yes.

Well, there are some third-party plugins that do that too.

Now, if you do plan to use the ray-traced renderer in CS6, please get a GPU in the 700 series from NVIDIA. Anything newer won't work to accelerate the ray-traced renderer.

If you get a newer version of AE, all of what I just said changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines