Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LightRoom Web gallery limits

Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a limit to the number of images that can used to make a LR Web Gallery?

Windows 7, 64 bit

Photoshop CC 2015.1.2 release / 20160113.r.355 x64

LR 2015.7 release Camera Raw 9.7

32 GB of memory

I needed to make a LR Web Gallery from a folder of 311 images (Canon CR2 Raw files).

No matter what I tried LR would only make a gallery that contained of 206 of the 311. To make it work I first had to convert the CR2s to tiffs - LR would not recognize the luminance corrections - then split the folder into 2 pieces, 156 images in the first part and 155 images in the final part.

Did I hit some upper limit of the number of images in one gallery?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Lightroom and Bridge use completely different mechanisms for generating web galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of web gallery? In Lr Desktop, from the Web module? Or from "Lightroom on the Web" or lightroom.adobe.com, the browser-based element of Lightroom Mobile (subscription only)?

In the Web module, there is sometimes a limit of 500 photos. That's defined in the web gallery definition.

In Lightroom on the Web, there is no known limit.

In either case, I don't think you're hitting a limit on the number of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is with LightRoom CC using a desktop PC

And last year I created a single web gallery of 540 images of the same annual event using Web Gallery with Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom and Bridge use completely different mechanisms for generating web galleries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try exporting using some other web gallery - maybe it's an issue with this specific gallery (you can give this one a try: http://fonto.pl/fontogallery.html)

Although it looks to me like some Lightroom memory (leak?) problem. Since you have 32GB or RAM there's not much you can do about it. Maybe try upgrading your Lightroom to the latest version which is Lightroom CC 2015.9 - so if that was a memory leak it could be fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines