Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

kernel task using cpu 700%

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Ch animator went really slow, playing 30 frames animations down to 1.5 frames, and researching the problem I came a cross with this kernel task that uses up to 700% of the CPU  (shown in the activity monitor). Normally stays around 19%. I tried different solutions (turning off behaviours and things alike) and nothing worked. I use an early 2015 15" retina macbook pro plugged to an Apple Cinema Display (thunderbolt). The funny thing is when I disconnected the display to use only the laptop, the kernel task went to normal. Has any one come across this issue? Is it Ch animator or I should contact Apple? Apparently dropbox (I have it in an external drive) also makes the kernel task go crazy.

Cheers to all,

Carlos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it goes crazy with just dropbox activity and Ch not running, and also Ch running but not dropbox, then it sounds like an Apple issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines