Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reuse sound effect or use it beyond it's initial duration

Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few sound files ranging from 5 to 7 seconds. I want to use them beyond their duration, but they can't be stretched like other files in the timeline. How can I reuse them beyond their duration or stretch their timeline?

Screen Shot 2017-02-28 at 3.40.32 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

As far as I know you can't "Stretch" audio layers as you can video layers. You can often do that in an audio program (Audition), but you may or may not get the result you want. If you merely want them repeated just add them to the timeline again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know you can't "Stretch" audio layers as you can video layers. You can often do that in an audio program (Audition), but you may or may not get the result you want. If you merely want them repeated just add them to the timeline again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can make them longer the same way you make video files longer. You can mess with the Time Stretch properties or you can enable Time Remapping.

That being said, messing with the time of audio will also mess with the pitch. So, if you don't want that to happen, you'll want to use an audio app to mess with it (like Audition) where you can stretch a clip out, but maintain its pitch. Or, as Brian has suggested, just lay out a second copy of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines