• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS6 - Export Options Dialog disappears instantly - how can I fix this?

Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This has just started happening.

1. I open an Indesign CS6 document I was working on the other day, and exported without any problems.

2. I click "Export". The Export dialog appears.

3. I select the Filename and format and click "Save"

4. The Export Options dialog flashes on screen for a moment, then disappears, and then the Exported file appears.

The Export Options dialog did not remain on screen, so I was unable to change the options. This does not happen with a blank document - the Export Options dialog remains on screen.

Is this a known issue and how can I fix it?

Thanks for your help

Richard

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

I discovered the problem. It was a dodgy Indesign CS6 plugin that was installed along with High Logic Maintype font management software. For some reason, this was causing the problem. I have removed the plugin and normal operation has resumed.

Confirmed by this thread on the vendor website: Adobe Indesign CS6 Plugin "crashes" - Font Forum

Thanks for your help!

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb

Thanks for your quick response. Some more observations:

1. It happens with several files.

2. Once it starts happening, I can't get the Preferences Dialog to appear either, so something is blocking all dialogs

3. It doesn't happen with a blank document, but if I take content from an affected document and paste it into a blank document, the problem shows up again.

4. If it starts happening, I can clear all the document content, and it will still happen.

I've already trashed the preferences but the pattern remains unchanged.

Thanks

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 7x64 Pro with plenty of power! Exporting was working OK a couple of weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the windows be hiding behind other windows? Are you locked up until you press Escape or can you work normally after opening Export or Prefs?

Do you (did you) ever use a 2nd display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I discovered the problem. It was a dodgy Indesign CS6 plugin that was installed along with High Logic Maintype font management software. For some reason, this was causing the problem. I have removed the plugin and normal operation has resumed.

Confirmed by this thread on the vendor website: Adobe Indesign CS6 Plugin "crashes" - Font Forum

Thanks for your help!

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good for you for finding this on your own, and thank you for coming back to let us know.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines