• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Export dialogue box does not appear

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I'm working with Indesign CC2016 on Windows 10. While updating the custom text for photos using the objects exports dialogue box I ran into some problems. The dialogue box would not close and indesign froze, so I closed the program. When I reopened it and tried to open the objects exports dialogue box, it would not open. I opened another indesign document and the dialogue box won't open there either. I thought it might be a problem with the program so I tried reinstalling indesign, but that did not work. I would appreciate any insights to this problem. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Did you try trashing your preferences?

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Or use the Adobe Cleaner tool between the uninstall/reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try trashing your preferences?

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Or use the Adobe Cleaner tool between the uninstall/reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Barb. That seems to have fixed it. Although no matter how fast-fingered I was, I could not get the preferences dialogue box to open when opening indesign. Instead, I had to delete the files manually. Deleting preferences seems to be a catch-all for any sudden quirks with the program. I will keep this in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting preferences seems to be a catch-all for any sudden quirks with the program.

We can go years without any issues with the preferences files and then suddenly things start acting wonky.

When I start thinking "Why has this behavior changed—should uninstall/reinstall?", then deleting preferences is the answer.

Glad you are back on track!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!!!!  I thought I was going crazy with this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines