• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC the " Open as Layers In Photoshop" is grayed out

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Lightroom and Photoshop CC but have been attempting to learn how to use this software. Two days ago while in Lightroom I was using the Photo - Edit In - Open as Layers In Photoshop to change the background of a photo I was working on and it worked seamlessly. I repeated the steps involved several times with other photos just to make sure I would remember the process. The next morning when I went back to continue to use this feature 'Open as Layers In Photoshop' as well as 'Merge to Panorama in Photoshop' and 'Merge to HDR Pro in Photoshop' were grayed out and unusable. I have read through the forums associated with this topic and tried all the suggested troubleshooting options. I have the latest versions of Lightroom (version: CC 2015.8 [ 1099473 ]) and Photoshop 2017 CC on my computer. I have uninstalled, reinstalled as well as checked for updates. Because I was able to use the 'Open as Layers in Photoshop' function earlier I don't believe this to be a computer issue but will provide info on the build anyway.  

Window 10 64 bit operating system, x64-based processor

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB   

Driver Version 378.66 (current)

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU@3.60GHZ

15.95GB with an extra 2 TB's available

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Hi! I chatted with an Adobe rep who accessed my computer remotely and toggled a few settings. To be honest I don't know what he did but when he finished it was working again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open as layers, photo merge and HDR will be grayed out unless you select two or more images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read my full message. I am aware that two items must be selected. As I said in the content of my message I have all ready used this function several times and it worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved, all is well! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help other users who visit here?  Please expand on what you did to solve this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I chatted with an Adobe rep who accessed my computer remotely and toggled a few settings. To be honest I don't know what he did but when he finished it was working again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help those of us who still have the problem. What settings did he toggle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines