• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active font missing

Participant ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with documents created by someone else, but I have set up my own files based on them. New Baskerville font comes up as missing each time I open the document even though it is installed. I created and applied style sheets that include the font but I am still having this issue. When I open the file, the font shows as missing. I do a find/replace and later, save and close. The next time I open the file, I get the same result. The font exists in the document but the formatting won't stick. I will be making about 100 versions of this file and sharing with others who will be working on the file. Has anyone encountered and solved this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

From my experience there is often a paragraph or character style where the font is supposed to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you do a find/replace font are you checking to modify style sheets? The missing font could be embedded in a style sheet causing you to have ongoing errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

It could be that the font seems to have the same name as the one installed on your system but is actually a different font.

I also had a similar issue when a font management software tried to 'fix' a font in the background and corrupted it so it was unusable.

As you are inheriting a file from a previous designer, there are a few places to check is stray text exists: hidden layers, text on pasteboards that are hard to see, illustrator files placed in InDesign that use the font creating the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kstohlmeyer1 ,

I located the problem. I had checked the paragraph styles for the font but there was just one character style that had the wrong font selected. I changed that and everything is working fine now. Thanks!

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my experience there is often a paragraph or character style where the font is supposed to be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric,

I did have that problem in the beginning. New Baskerville was already on my computer and I had to sort through and figure out which was the correct one. I've had that problem with other common fonts like Futura and Helvetica. Thanks for your reply.

Lisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines