• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'installation failed' error when installing Flash Player - OS X

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create a PDF presentation in Indesign with interactive and video elements. I have downloaded the most up-to-date version of Adobe Reader and I keep getting the following error. I have attempted to update my flash player and get the following error. I am running Mac OS X and machine can't be update any further. Is there a work around for this?

Screen shot 2017-02-28 at 5.56.00 PM.pngScreen shot 2017-02-28 at 5.51.22 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I changed the title of your post to reflect the true issue you are reporting.

What OS X version is this on?

In order to troubleshoot the error, I'll need to obtain the Flash Player install log files.  Please do the following:

1. Review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh?
  2. After reviewing the FAQ, configure your system to capture the install.log and FlashPlayerInstallManager.log files (ignore the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files).
  3. Once the system is configured to capture the logs, run the installer again
  4. When the installation fails click DONE to close the installer window
  5. Save the captured log files according to the instructions in the FAQ
  6. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document
  7. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link to the log files.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

I am running Mac OS 10.6.8

Thank you Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there anything written to the install.log file during the installation attempt?

What version of Flash Player, if any, is currently installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  I can't believe there is no way to contact Adobe support directly about this!  Running Firefox on OSX 10.6.8.  I've tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines