Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

spaces being added to words in dictionary

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2008 Aug 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been noticing something odd about the dictionary in our RH. The issue was in our RH 5, and is still present in RH7. It appears that certain words have a space inserted in them. For example, "email" shows up as "em ail", "emailed" as "em ailed", "updater" as "up dater".

So far, it looks like the space is consistently being placed after the second letter. I can't say for sure, since I inherited the help program from previous tech writers here, but my suspicion is that many of the words are words that were manually added to our dictionary, since they tend to be words relatively unique to our industry (although some, like "email", certainly aren't).

In short, it feels as if something happened to our dictionary at some point, resulting in a space being added after the second letter in most/all the added words.

Has anyone encountered this before? So far, it really hasn't been a serious issue, and it looks confined to the dictionary (words in topics don't have these spaces) but I'm curious as to what's causing this and what can be done to fix it (other than manually adding the correct versions when encountered).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2008 Aug 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No one else has encountered this issue?

It's worrisome to me because it makes me think something was corrupted in one of our project files, but I'm not sure how or where to look to try and verify the cause of this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp