• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from Elements into LR

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A while ago asked about this and was told that Events become collections in LR.  This does not appear to be the case.  Only thing that became collections were Elements albums.  So am thinking of going back to Elements and make the events Albums. If I do this, is there a way to "delete" the newly created LR catalog and start fresh?

What about any other ideas.  Most of the Events are contained within individual folders, so might be able to find that info in LR and come up with something along those lines to create collections.  

I took a class on LR that covered the basics.  One thing that I like was "renaming/renumbering" on the import from a memory card.  Will start doing that, but can something like a rename/renumber be done once its already imported?  This would completely mess up my backups, but IMO, external drives are cheap enough that I could just buy a new drive and back up everything a-new.

TIA

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

If I do this, is there a way to "delete" the newly created LR catalog and start fresh?

In Lightroom, File->New Catalog

One thing that I like was "renaming/renumbering" on the import from a memory card.

Unless you have a valid reason to rename your original files, I don't think this is worth the effort. Yes, there are valid reasons, but you haven't mentioned any.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I do this, is there a way to "delete" the newly created LR catalog and start fresh?

In Lightroom, File->New Catalog

One thing that I like was "renaming/renumbering" on the import from a memory card.

Unless you have a valid reason to rename your original files, I don't think this is worth the effort. Yes, there are valid reasons, but you haven't mentioned any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines