• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Crashing When Selecting Text, Now It Is Incredibly Slow to Open

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! InDesign CC 2017 is almost to the point of useless.  It started with a document within an InDesign book where I had placed a word doc (using Cmd+D, not copy+paste) and flowed the text and then styled the text.  When I would select a few lines of text (usually text that was tabbed), I would get the spinning wheel of death and would have to force quit the program.  After a few times of that and a few troubleshooting methods, now InDesign is incredibly slow to open files.

Here is what I did to trouble shoot:

- Saved files to IDML, then back to IDDN (no change)

- Rebooted computer (no change)

- Rebooted computer and opened InDesign in Safemode (no change)

A few other things to note:

- No, the font doesn't have special characters in it.  It is Adobe's own Typekit font, Proxima Nova Condensed

- The files I'm working on are on an external server, although I did copy and drag those files to my desktop but working off my own computer did not improve anything - I am working off of a Mac 10.12

I have a deadline for a large book coming up very soon, so this couldn't have been at a worse time. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Its sad that you are facing this issue which is making your work difficult.

As a workaround can you navigate to Preferences(cmd+k) and then to Advanced Type. There can you turn off the following preferences?

workaround.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Also if possible can you please send me your document at amaarora@adobe.com for further investigation?

Regards,

Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your paragraph style contains more GREP style included.. that also causing the crash and sluggishness for the document..

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 10.45.54 AM.png

but removing grep style may lose some style effect.. but just check, if any styles present..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you tpk1982! To answer your question, I went through and check but no, there aren't any GREP styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After a few times of that and a few troubleshooting methods, now InDesign is incredibly slow to open files.

In that case, I would recommend first trashing preferences:

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

And then follow through with Aman's advice of disabling Type Contextual Controls:

IN Prefs 2017.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines