Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little information first...

Tablet information...

Manufacture:      Sony

Model:               Xperia 4 (SGP771)

Android Version:  7.0

Adobe Digital Editions App information...

Version 4.5.4

Update 29/01/2017

I have downloaded the link from Saxo.dk "urllink (2).ascm" to my download directory of my Tab...

As soon as I try to open the link "urllink (2).ascm" the Adobe Digital Editions app opens and nothing happens...

I believe that it's the "Adobe Digital Editions" App, as the popup screen for the download of the book doesn't appear.

I have downloaded the same app on my Sony Z2 and Z3 phone and it seams to work correctly. ?????

So this has left me to clear the "Adobe Digital Editions" app cache and then the data, then finally force stop and uninstall the ADE app. When it was reinstalled that I still had the 7 habits ebook, but I tried again with the link no joy as no pop up screen appered!

Delete the 7 Habits book and then completed the same of clearing the data and uninstalling of the app, When it was reinstalled still with no Joy to get the book installed from the link, this is the same for both now "Eat that frog" and "7 Habits"!

Any ideas that I can do? Or I you could forward me on to some that might know, thanks in advance...

Regards

Paul Carr

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adobe,

I have found the problem...

As I have downloaded the link "urllink (1).ascm" to my Sony tablet internal memory, so I have to use the standard installed app called "File Commander" to find the link. When I selected the "urllink (1).ascm" link, which it opened Adobe Digital Editions App and that was it... nothing more!

As I have already cleared the data and uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Digital Editions, so I have tried to do the same with File Commander app...

I started with clearing the app cache and then the data, then tried the link again and same problem. Then finally force stop and disable the File Commander app and then enabled, which changed to app setting back to factory settings...

Then SUCCESS!!! I had managed to get all my ebooks installed on the Adobe Digital Editions app! After I could see that I had an update for the File Commander so I installed it! Everything seemed to be OK but I tried once again after the update, but I have the same problem...

I could get a screen shot but only this one see attachment "Screenshot_20170304-210606" but if I click on the File Commander then Adobe Digital Editions app opens...

Screenshot_20170304-210606.png

I hope this is some help to you if someone else has the same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines