• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop creating corrupt and pixelated layers!

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've only noticed this issue recently and it has only arisen on my Mac at work, but Photoshop CS6 Seems to have begun creating some strange issues such as pixelation of the brush tool, and adding in faulty coloured layers where it would be a black colour fill. I'm unsure of how this begins, but my only correlation is the fact that it is when we plug in a USB to the back of the monitor. Whether this is the reason for this fault I am unsure, but I hope someone could help.

Mac Specs:

macOS Sierra Version 10.12.3

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Adobe Photoshop CS6:

Version 13.0 x64

Screenshots:

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.04.30.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.06.44.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 10.07.03.png

It is very frustrating when I have to reload Photoshop on multiple occasions when this occurs, so I hope someone can help me.

Many thanks,

Alana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has just done the issue again there so I have followed your suggestion and will update you on whether it happens again.

In terms of troubleshooting so far, because I didn't quite know what was going wrong I merely closed and restarted Photoshop each time the issue occurred just in case I fiddled with something I shouldn't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not solved my issue I am afraid, as the brush tool is still showing up as pixelated as shown:

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.16.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 11.17.17.png

Do you have any other solutions I could try to solve this? I notice this occurring mostly when I use Gaussian Blur on any images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you ever updated Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's completely up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the original post you gave the version as 13.0 – that would not seem to be the most current one for CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, Update was greyed out on Photoshop so I assumed it was up to date. I have updated it and will let you know if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has just done the same thing as mentioned in the post even after updating, so I'm stuck for what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can go through the whole trouble-shooting list.

Just to make sure: After disabling GPU use you restarted Photoshop?

I doubt this is the root-cause for the issue but as you use an obsolete version on an OS it is not designed for you may not be able to make a lot of headway with the issue.

Does the issue also occur when there is a solid background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines