• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download photoshop cs5 on my mac

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop CS5, i can't find the disc however i have got the serial number. I am trying to install it on my new iMac but when i click to install this message keeps coming up: "install" can't be opened. You should eject the disk image.?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

So as I understand it, you can't run the installer? You must be running Sierra. OSX 10.12

Here are the specific instructions to install CS5 using the Terminal Utility.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So as I understand it, you can't run the installer? You must be running Sierra. OSX 10.12

Here are the specific instructions to install CS5 using the Terminal Utility.

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, all downloaded, thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2017 Feb 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem but can't get it to install with your linked instructions.  I have the serial number, and an Adobe id.

I downloaded it from the Adobe site.  I have tried dragging the instal into the Terminal in Utilities, but it says

"Install" can't be opened.

Google Chrome downloaded this file today at #time

from trials2.adobe.com

Mac Help says:  "The app's authorization has been revoked.  There may be a problem with this app. Although the app was signed by an identified developer, the certificate for the app has been revoked, and it cannot be opened.

Check with the Mac App Store or the software developer to see whether there is an updated version of this app."

Anything I'm missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First:

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 11.27.18 PM.png

Contents folder > MacOS folder > Install

Then drag "exec" into the Terminal Window.

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 11.30.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but explained that this is what I had already tried (many many times), and the response I got from trying to run Install from Terminal is in my post above - copied and pasted here:

" I downloaded it from the Adobe site.  I have tried dragging the instal into the Terminal in Utilities, but it says

"Install" can't be opened.

Google Chrome downloaded this file today at #time

from trials2.adobe.com  "

I have tried to delete the app and re-download quite a few times as well...I keep getting the same response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try downloading Photoshop CS5 http://trials2.adobe.com/dlm/AdobeProducts/PHSP/12/osx10/Photoshop_12_LS1.dmg

using the Safari browser instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - yes, have tried that too - nothing works.  Adobe will not give me any support (they started to with a Live Chat, and checked everything to make sure I previously registered the product and had an account etc).  None of what they instructed worked.  They do however keep sending me emails to say the case is still open and to let them know asap if I still need support...which I do, but it goes nowhere.

No matter how I attempt to install, I just keep getting the message that I should eject the app: "install" can't be opened. You should eject the disk image". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe have made a mistake. They will not help you with CS5 and do they should not have opened a case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looked into this but the problem is likely to be Mac OS Gatekeeper protecting you from downloads ( a real disk probably OK). Turning off Gatekeeper is possible but for advanced users only as it removes security from your system. Suggest you upgrade to CC instead unless you are advanced enough to understand the consequences and figure out how to do it And undo it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name.  I will look into turning Gatekeeper off - I'm pretty good at understanding processes (used to work in computers years ago) so I'll check it out. Otherwise, no choice but to upgrade...  appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now disabled Gatekeeper and have allowed apps from anywhere.  I have attempted to install and failed. Tried opening package contents and dragging "Install" to terminal and get the same error message as always:

"Install" can't be opened.  You should eject the disk image.

"Install" is on the disk image

"Photoshop_12_LSI.dmg". Google Chrome downloaded this disk image on 23 February 2017 from trials2.adobe.com.

Cancel    or   Eject Disk Image

Any clues?  Must I give up after all these hours - feels so close!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, just restarted, dragged exec file into terminal and it initialized installation.  Can't believe it.  Thanks everyone! Success  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines