• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import Illustrator files into After Effects the bounding box changes

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import layers into AE the bounding box changes. I have a circle and the bounding box goes past the circle.

I imported layers into AE from Illustrator, I did composition retain layer size.

What I am aiming to do is rotate the circle in it's center point, the issue is when I import the layer into AE the bounding box is off from what it is in Illustrator and because of this when I rotate the circle in AE it comes of as wobbly.

Here is what the layer looks like when I double tap it.

I made sure that all of my bounding boxes are constrained in Illustrator by expanding each individual layer and then making a clipping mask over the group.

When I import this layer into AE the bonding box is extended on the right side of the circle and I do not know how to fix this issue.

This is what happens when I render it and that wobbly look that I dont like: https://www.behance.net/gallery/49312953/WORK-PLAY-STICKER-SET

Help is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see anything wobbly, but since you haven't attached the actual images nor provided any info about critical things like comp settings, render settings etc., this is a moot point. We could speculate all day and still not figure it out. Start by checking things li9ke comp pixel aspect ratio and the relevant preview functions, then look for unwanted scaling issues and all that...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just drag you screenshots into the reply field on the forum or use print screen and paste. EZ as pie. Without seeing what you are seeing we can't give you better advice than Mylenium already has. This is not a known bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mizzlecizzleyup,

We didn't hear back from you. Did you ever solve this problem? Please tell us how you did that if you don't mind, or do you still need help?

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines