• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to 1920 x 1080

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to export a video into wmv and I would like the output to be the same as the input which is 1920x1080. However, if I go beyond the standard wmv setting of 720x480, the video starts to lose quality. Any suggestions?

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 12 on a Windows 10 Computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Try mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the original media's pixel size?

If it is 720 X 480, you will not be able to do it without losing resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My original video is from a 1920x1080 (1.0) 29.97 fps AVI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WMV is highly compressed.  Do you need to export to WMV or can you use another file type and codec?

What are your project settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use another file type. I was trying to stick to WMV to keep the file size down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob implies, there are much better and more efficient formats.

What is available and how you output it depends very much on which version of the program you have and what operating system you're working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am open to anything at this point. I am using Premiere Elements 12 on a Windows 10 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try mp4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjhoffman12  wrote

I was trying to stick to WMV to keep the file size down.

A smaller file results in more compression and lower quality.  You have to find a balance between file size and quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the preset for YouTubeHD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help. I have been able to export my files to MPEG 1080p. I was successful in about 30 of my files. However, I have one file that when I try to export it, I am receiving an error message that says "Multiplexing failed." I have tried several different output options but they all seem to fail except for WMV. Any thoughts or ideas as to what might be causing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure why you chose to output an MPEG.

How do you plan to use these files once you output them? MPEGs have some unique characteristics are are not the best choice if you plan to upload the video to a site like YouTube or to view the files on a computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are instructional videos for personal use on a computer and they will not be uploaded. I tried several options and MPEG allowed me to have the best output quality for the file size I was restricted to. The videos look great. However, I am having problems with the one remaining video with the multiplexing failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For viewing on a computer, the MP4 will give you much better quality-to-file size -- and without the interlacing issues you'll get with an MPEG. But I guess that's your choice.

I'm not sure what's causing your multiplexing issue on one project. But check first for obvious things like a gap in your video on the timeline and a stop marker at the end of your movie. Either can cause the process to bug up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I was able to fix the issue but I am still not sure what caused it.

I went through and removed all of the audio but I received the same error. So I went through the project and deleted every title and text screen and the exporting worked. So then I went through one by one and removed each tile and text screen individually to find which one was causing the problem. I found the one title screen that was at issue and replaced it with an identical title screen and it worked.

Thanks for all of your guys help. I appreciate the troubleshooting and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines