• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC (2015.8) / 6.8 update problem

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Windows 7 and Lightroom (2015.8) / 6.8 update - the Adobe Application Manager tried to install the update and asks me to close LR. So I close LR and press continue - and the AAM aks me to close LR over and over again... If I stop the LR-process with the task manager the AAM is also gone...

Shutdown of the PC now needs 15 minutes, LR is not usable, if I want to close LR now, it shows a  message like "collecting informations"... But it is still the old Version 6.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Hi all,

We're tracking this install issue and would like to gather some logs. Could you please follow the instructions here to produce a log so that we can track down where the corrupted file is hosted? Log Collector Tool

Please send them to me at rios [at] adobe [dot] com with the subject line "Lightroom 2015.8/6.8 Error U44M1P7: CRC Assets1_1.zip".

Thank you,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralphh,

Could you please try installing Lightroom 6.8 update from the direct download patch Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. All my other creative cloud apps updated just fine, but Lightroom CC will not update to 2015.8. I receive Error U44M1P7 from the Creative Cloud Application. Installation progresses to 100% and then fails. I tried uninstalling Lightroom CC and it uninstalled fine. It reinstalled fine, but then the update fails again. Following the troubleshooting for Error U44M1P7 just results in Error 49. I tried manually downloading the update form Install Photoshop Lightroom , but that also goes to 100% and then fails, and no error log is generated. Please note that wen extracting the setup.zip file it always gives an error that Assets1_1.zip is corrupt. Regardless of the browser used to download (IE, Chrome, Edge, Firefox) or which Zip extractor is used (Windows, 7-Zip).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jayparedes

Please refer the article "Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates and follow the steps mentioned.

Then,try the direct link Install Photoshop Lightroom 

If that does not help, Uninstall Lightroom and install Lightroom 6.0 from http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/LTRM/6/win64/Lightroom_6_LS11.exe?PID=2159997 and update it to latest 6.8 from the direct download link above.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash,

I just manually downloaded the 6.7 updater and extracted the setup.zip file with no errors. So there's something wrong with the setup.zip file that is on the download site for the 6.8 updater. It has a CRC error in Assets1_1.zip.

Thanks,
Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also already tried all the methods listed above and Lightroom installs just fine, but the 6.8 (CC 2015.8) update will not install and will fail after indicating 100% completion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested on multiple computers running Windows 10 that setup.zip for 6.8 has a CRC error in Assets1_1.zip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on both my machines

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here with LR 6 (not CC): update from 6.5 to 6.8 => errorcode U4M1P7.

Then I downloaded the patch installer for 6.8.

Same error code.

OS is Win7/64.

What can I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Franz-Xaver,

Please refer this article and follow the steps mentioned Updates don't install | Update failure or U44M errors in Adobe Photoshop CS6

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this - didn't work:

- first deinstalled this wrong LR6

- new installation of Lightroom_6_LS11.exe / ok

- AdobePatchInstaller.exe for 6.8

=> error code U44M2P7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use the Adobe CC cleaner to remove Lr and then reinstall it.

See Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions like that will likely not help anyone on Windows until you replace the 6.8 zip file with the CRC error, which "jayparedes" told you about. I checked again just now and it still has the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too strange for me and costs too much time.

In the meantime I went back to an image that worked. And stay with 6.5...

This took just half an hour instead of longtime researches.

Thanks for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what finally worked for me.

First whenever I downloaded the update, whether through the CC App or the manual download, from my work PCs; I would get a corrupted download in the file Assets1_1.zip, and the update would not install. I did this on multiple computers, with multiple OSs and the results were always the same.

Over the weekend I manually downloaded the update from home (Comcast) and that copy was not corrupted. I uploaded the update to my Microsoft Onedrive cloud folder and then downloaded it from work today and it still unzipped just fine. The update then installed without a hitch.

So it seems that whatever server I am being redirected to for the download at work has a corrupt copy of the setup.zip file, while the one I am directed to at home is just fine. Looking back through the forums it seems like this has happened before and Adobe needs to check how they are distributing these updates to make sure people are downloading files without corruption issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will you mind sharing the onedrive or dropbox link to download the correct copy of the installtion file? same CRC error here from Official download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the working file. Just unzip and install.

Dropbox - setup.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. This update file works correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RaphaBonelli​,

Thank you so much for sharing that with other users on the forums. That's extremely kind of you.

Diogo Miranda​,

Thank you for the logs!

ivaann21​,

Would you also mind sharing logs with me?

Thanks to everyone here for coming back to the conversation. I'm still talking with two different teams about this. In terms of this happening in the future, there are plans to change/fix this process so hopefully, this will prevent any of these problems from occurring in the future.

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the Dropboxed setup file fixed it, many thanks.

All other direct 6.8 downloads were corrupt and would not install, hence the missing files in the error logs when using the Creative Cloud app to update.

So all my uninstalling, reinstalling, cleaning and retrying for a full day was for nothing, as Adobe simply has sent out corrupted files.

By the way, why does the official Adobe help page link to a commercial 3rd party for the updated files?

"Installation failed" error U44M1P7 with Adobe Creative Cloud or Adobe Creative Suite 6 updates

It links to a site which hides its links behind some ad/affiliate server (resulting in 404's for me) which makes it very illegitimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO much @RaphaBonelli for posting the link to a working copy of the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you RaphaBonelli! I just spent 2 1/2 days going round and round with tech support dealing with this, even though I told them from the beginning the assets1_1.zip was corrupted. Finally when he said we think it is a corrupt user account I said stop! What makes it even more frustrating is that the answer has been right here on their website for a month! Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jayparedes I fully agree Adobe needs to do something with the distribution of their files. I wasted the whole afternoon trying to fix this. Now I will have to stay working until midnight to catch up... Very disappointing on Adobe. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar problem here.  I have been a LR user since LR3 and never had a problem until the LR6.8 update.  My LR will not run after this update.  Just want to be on the safe side and skip LR6.8 for now.  After this problem has occurred, my solution to restore my system is to reinstall LR6.0 (luckily I still have this file in my hard drive) and then run the LR6.7 update file that I download from Adobe web site.  My system is now back to normal.

Adobe.  Thank you for wasting hours of my time to install/remove/download/reinstall/remove/download/install/install... LR6.8/6.7/... (via Adobe download manager and via downloaded file)  I will stay with LR6.7 until I buy a new camera and lens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're tracking this install issue and would like to gather some logs. Could you please follow the instructions here to produce a log so that we can track down where the corrupted file is hosted? Log Collector Tool

Please send them to me at rios [at] adobe [dot] com with the subject line "Lightroom 2015.8/6.8 Error U44M1P7: CRC Assets1_1.zip".

Thank you,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines