• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 - Proxy error

Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody!

I need your help to solve a problem of access to the Adobe Digital Edition 4.5 software in order to read downloaded e-books. I tried several times but the software always asks for my proxy server credentials. Though I wrote them I didn't succeed in opening the e-books. My institution don't allow me to access out of the proxy server.

My institutional informatic support thinks that the problem could be linked to a difficulty to access to your servers. Is it possible? Can I obtain a list of Adobe Digital Edition servers? In this case my informatic support could add an exception for these servers in our server proxy.

Thank for your attention.

Bye

Anna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem.

I suspect that there is a bug in the ADE software, because it asks me for my proxy credentials, but still has issues connecting (possibly, the software tries still to connect without going via the proxy). I get the error "Activation server error. code : E_ADEPT_XML_SYNTAX https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/ActivationServiceInfo"

Adobe has someinformation published on configuring the firewall at Error "Adobe DRM Error" | Activate access eBook | Digital Editions  , but it is wrong.

It says to allow access to http://aractivate.adobe.com/ , however that server does not exist (the name does not resolve). Maybe that website is out of date, can it be updated please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines