Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change "Start" page in XD?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When I click the Share Online button top get a link, I noticed the Share Again button, in here (only in here... why?) I can choose icon for the project.
Also it shows (greyed out) the Starting Art board. But its NOT the one I want to start at... its the first Art-board I created. But I cant change it.

So how can I change the "Start" page?

Regards

<Title renamed by moderator>

Mark

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

You change it in prototype mode.

Select the artboard you want to be home, by clicking it's title, and you'll see a little grey home icon attached to the top left corner.

c823fa7c122344c48bb2cdf6888b1a0e.png

Click it and that artboard is now the start point for the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You change it in prototype mode.

Select the artboard you want to be home, by clicking it's title, and you'll see a little grey home icon attached to the top left corner.

c823fa7c122344c48bb2cdf6888b1a0e.png

Click it and that artboard is now the start point for the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Iain... havent found a complete manual for XD yet... (Im not a video watching type) I dont think I woukld have ever figure that out!

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, Mark-

You can check out the help documentation (no videos!) here: Adobe Experience Design (Beta) Help | Adobe Experience Design (Beta) Help

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intuitive. I would have thought it would be in the artboard menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is no longer the correct solution.

This creates a new flow, however I need to be able to change the start/home board of an existing flow so that I can keep the same link, sharing, and comments. 

I expected you'd be able to click and drag the existing flow 'title' to another board however I cant find any info or solutions to do so.

From now all I can do is have a home  board for each prototype that isnt a 'design' screen and more like a title screen for the prototype.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved it.
Place the artboard just above the other artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is not a solution to my problem - perhaps you missunderstand the issue; I want the prototype to start on a different 'home' board, however what you propose is changing the order that the artboards appear if I 'slideshow' through thhe prototype file - this still doesnt change the 'home' board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have not found a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I found the solve to your problem in this thread: 
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/42943296-change-ho...

Surya Aditya Paturi 
schreef  Â·  18 maart 2021 14:59  Â·  Rapport

Hi, thanks for raising the concern. It is possible to associate the previously generated link with the new flow. You can find all the links generated from a document in the Links dropdown. To update the link with a different flow you have to choose the link from the links dropdown and click on the update button. The link will be associated with the new flow once the link is updated successfully. Please check the attached image for the detailed steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines