• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign CS6 Font Organization Question

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently upgraded from CS3. One of the things that is driving me nuts is how the list of fonts in the Character window snaps back to the top of the list with a 'recently used' list at the top instead of just staying on the active font's place on the list. Is there any way to turn this feature off so that it's like it was in CS3? I feel like I'm fighting with Microsoft Publisher any time I want to go down my list of fonts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Type > Type Options > Number of Recent Fonts to Display

Have you tried setting this to zero?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That got rid of the recently used, but the list still jumps to the top instead of staying in place with the currently active font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I recommend that you tend to work by means of Paragraph Styles, where it does stay on the chosen font. Move away from heavy use of the Control Panel, maybe?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines