• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Folders of the same Date/Month?

Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I import to LR, a new folder is created and they no longer go into the existing folders of the month/day where they belong. Instead, LR creates a brand new dated folder and now I am left with multiples. I have some 01 January folders in the February folder. I have folders with the same date but separate locations. I am at a loss for how to re organize them into their parent folders! I've attached an image of just one section of what I'm working with.

I've found helpful forums for how to fix the problem for future imports, but haven't found any forums to help the current unorganized mess. Any help is appreciated!

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 2.54.25 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

You could select all the photos in the 2107\2017-01-10 folder and then, entirely inside of Lightroom, drag them onto the 2017\01\2017-01-10 folder.

You could select the 2017-01-11 folder, and then, entirely inside of Lightroom, drag it onto the 2017\01 folder.

OR — THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

The solution that is much less work, in fact it involves almost zero work: leave everything the way it is, and use the Filter bar in Lightroom to find all photos taken in a given year or a given year/month or

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could select all the photos in the 2107\2017-01-10 folder and then, entirely inside of Lightroom, drag them onto the 2017\01\2017-01-10 folder.

You could select the 2017-01-11 folder, and then, entirely inside of Lightroom, drag it onto the 2017\01 folder.

OR — THINKING OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

The solution that is much less work, in fact it involves almost zero work: leave everything the way it is, and use the Filter bar in Lightroom to find all photos taken in a given year or a given year/month or a given year/month/day; this works even if your folders are arranged as shown in you screen capture.

OR — THINKING EVEN FURTHER OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

Organize not by folders but by keywords, this allows a much more powerful organization and again it doesn't depend on having perfect folder organization; it gives you more bang for the buck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines