• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe X Crashing

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save to pdf in the program in any form -- i.e., including saving as a reduced size pdf -- the program crashes.  For instance, if I try to save a reduced size pdf, after asking me about maintaining compatibility, and telling it where in Windows I want to save the file, I get this error message:

Adobe Acrobat has stopped working.  Eventually it goes to a second box from Windows saying

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Please help!  Thanks!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system and version are you running Acrobat X on? It is not compatible with any of the latest OS versions from Microsoft or Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10.  Maybe some kind of incompatibility is the issue but I have other licenses for Adobe X running on Windows 10 without this problem.  And indeed the problem has cropped up only recently.  Before that, Adobe X ran perfectly well to save pdfs of various types without any problem on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat X is not supported on Windows 10. The fact that it seems to run on other machines with the same OS does not matter: There are known problems with this combination, and it's possible that something that happened on your OS (e.g. update, newly installed application, ...) triggered something that is now causing the crashes. You have two options: Downgrade the operating system, or upgrade Acrobat. You can run Acrobat X in a virtual machine in e.g. Windows 7 on top of Windows 10 - that's what I do to run older versions of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines