• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon.  I recently purchased some presets from another company...Luxe and when I open the presets, it says I need to use or purchase a license code.  I found a code and used it and it wasn't accepted.  Why do I need to make further purchases to use the presets?  Am I not doing something correctly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

https://www.lightroompresets.com/pages/how-to-install-lightroom-presets

By the way, have you actually successfully launched Lightroom so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to address these questions to Luxe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will.  I was going to contact them first, but the message I received seemed to be from Adobe and not them.  I will send them a message as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us the exact word-for-word message, better yet show a screen capture? Why do you say the message appeared to be from Adobe? I'm really unclear about what is happening to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently at work so I am away from the computer that has those loaded.  I will shoot you that when I get home, but what I am getting is this:  I downloaded the presets (I am very new to this so bear with me) and when I click on them...each one...like I'm going to use it, an Adobe screen pops up and says I have a license and wish to use it and gives me the space for a 16 digit license number and a second choice of I wish to buy a license. I'm not sure why I would have to buy additional licenses for presets I bought from another company.  Again, I can better give you exact verbiage later on this evening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you clicking on these presets in your operating system, or in Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.  Probably operating system.  What I did:  I purchased them and then downloaded them.  They saved to a file on my computer.  I went to check them out and I clicked on one (subsequently clicked on others to see if the message was the same on all) and that's when I got the license message.  I'm brand new to this so it's probably operator error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.lightroompresets.com/pages/how-to-install-lightroom-presets

By the way, have you actually successfully launched Lightroom so far?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Sorry I haven't been back on.  My internet at my house is messed up at the moment, but I took some shots with my cell phone of the screens and will email those later.

In the meantime, I asked Luxe about the issue and they said it sounded like it was on your end....that my Adobe license has probably expired? Does that sound right? Is there something I need to do in that regard?

Thank you!

Tonja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something odd is still going on.

Nothing about presets has anything to do with licensing.

The presets are nothing more than text files with the LrTemplate file extension.

If LR will not install them for you, you can manually do it by:

Unzipping the presets, if necessary.

Using Finder or Explorer, navigate to your presets folder (develop vs brush)

Create a folder to put them in.

Copy the presets to the new folder.

See the link in DJ's response above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines