• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Files

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got InDesign CC installed on my PC last week. I had been using CS3 until then. Now some of my CS3 files are InCopy files instead, which I don't have and have never used. Some of the CS3 files are fine and open no problem, however. What is causing this and what do I do about it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it, exactly, that you say "some of my CS3 files are InCopy files"? Have you examined Windows file associations (right-click on a file and choose Open With...)

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the suffix .incd for an InCopy file. When I right click on one of them and click Open I get the error message:

Cannot open InCopy files from within InDesign. Please choose File > Place to add the InCopy file to an InDesign document.

Nicola L. Whitley, MS, CCPH

Communications Office

NH Department of Health and Human Services

603-271-9388 – office

603-419-0329 - cell

nicola.whitley@dhhs.nh.gov<mailto:nicola.whitley@dhhs.nh.gov> (Please note new email address)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.incd were never InDesign file, not even exported from InDesign.

Either the CS3 InCopy files were linked to your CS3 InDesign documents or a weird virus renamed your extensions... My bet would be the first option.

Can use a 'demo' version of InCopy to extract the content of your InCopy files and recreate your InDesign files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines