• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Preview Panel not working

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok this is nuts....64GB RAM, i7HS 4GHZ, 4GB MSI GTX 980 4G Twin FrozrV....with 12yrs After Effects experience (Daily user)....The preview panel has decided to do absolutely nothing when pressed!!!! Spacebar also doesn't work....NumPad0 however does.....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SORT THIS OUT!!! DEADLINES and my LIVING is dependant on this.....I'm clearly not the only one experiencing this issue either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Glad it's working for you! Perhaps if you see a similar thread, you can share this solution with them too. I know I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What, exact, version of After Effects are you using? 14.0.1? 11.0.4? 13.8.1?

What OS are you using?

Have you tried restarting your machine?

Does it do this in every project - even brand new ones or just one particular project?

puxleybear   wrote

I'm clearly not the only one experiencing this issue either.

I'm on these forums and the /r/AfterEffects subreddit a lot and what you describe is not something I've seen much of. In fact, I don't remember seeing anything close to what you describe on these forums for well over a year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 21.22.57.png

AE CC 2017...I can get it to work via Numpad 0, and after it has played through the preview area then the panel springs back to life again...but this issue is all over Creative Cow and Mographer, and starting to see it here also.

Thanks

Richie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh...sorry, forgot to mention, Restart...no difference, brand new project no difference...the preview panel seems to be pretty much the problem....I'll live with it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK update...so I flushed my CC library...purged all disk cache and graphics etc...now works a doozy!!!....strange, but back in the game, sorry for ranting.

:0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it's working for you! Perhaps if you see a similar thread, you can share this solution with them too. I know I will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines