• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 5.0 (1998 version) & Windows 7

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be in the graphics  business and have always been fond of this old program.  I recently purchased a copy for personal projects and now can't seem to install it on my laptop which runs Windows 7.  Is there a way around the compatibility issue for the exe file?  I have tried running it in different compatibility options, running as an admin (think I did that right, willing to try again with some good instruction), but am not having much luck.  I do have an old Windows XP version which I know will run in, but I don't have a serial key for my current Windows 7 (laptop was a gift).  Is there anything I can do to make this program work with 7?  My internet search keeps mentioning a Longbow Revivor program, but I really don't see the sense in paying $50.00 for a one time use.

Please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 1998, Microsoft released Windows 98 have you tried that yet? Same age as PS 5...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean?  I guess I don't follow.  I already have another version of Windows it will work with.  The problem is I don't want to keep an old version of Windows as my platform.  I won't be able to switch back to my Windows 7 because I don't have the disc or serial key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You wrote you have a compatibility problem running some 1998 application code one you current Window Operating system. Did you try Installing the 1998 version of windows the would be Windows 98 and try running the 1998 application code on a 1998 version or windows.   Use an old machine and switch between machine network the machine and have your images on your Windows 7 machine.  You should be able to get a Windows 98 machine out of someone's garbage or trash bin.  You could also try instating Windows XP under Windows 7 Microsoft had a download for that.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying.  I only have one machine at my disposal.  Some of my research has suggested a program called Longbow Reviver...  Any thoughts on that?  Purchased version versus a free download?  Thanks for your time.

PS. I have no intention of digging in someone's garbage cans.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain what that is?  What will it do to my current Windows 7?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It Windows 7, Windows XP mode you install for running old software that will not run under Windows 7.  You virtually have both Windows 7 and Windows XP installed.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have CS2 running under windows 10.  I also think you may be able to get PS 5 to run under Windows 7 have you search the web for other using PS 5 that's really is old before Camera RAW before Photoshop scripting.  Ideally I think your would be best off  looking for a legal version of CS3 for sale.  IMO CS3 was probable the best version release out of Adobe's doors.  Newer version are better but they needed updates before the worked well..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have since downloaded both the virtual pc and windows xp mode files and installed them.  Still not having any luck.  I'm not sure once I have the virtual machine open how to get the photoshop program to run

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines