• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too many effects?

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for a video to have too many effects? I have a video less than 5 minutes long; it has about 30 clips, each with multiple effects. When I export it, some (but not all) of the clips have inaccurate framing, as shown. Any ideas what’s going on?

FrameInPremiere.jpgFrameExported.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your media properties, project settings, and export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get the stats but to me the telling thing is that I've been using Elements 15 for about six months with the same settings and haven't had a problem. Even more telling, there's no problem with this video, if I take the effects out. So I'm not sure the settings would mean much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating or rolling back your video driver?

You can also try eliminating effects a few at a time.  It may be a single effect misbehaving that is causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything's up to date, and I'm not sure of the purpose of a rollback when the video works fine without effects and all my other projects work fine with fewer effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidm6207557  wrote

Everything's up to date, and I'm not sure of the purpose of a rollback

Something in the background may have done an update without you being aware of it.

It may also be that just one effect is the cause of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<< Something in the background may have done an update without you being aware of it. >>

I'm a bit confused by that – didn't you mean that I should update the driver? I'm saying my driver is up-to-date so that's not the issue.

As far as one effect being the problem, of the 30 or so clips, maybe 2 or 3 have some Contrast added, but almost all of them are Cropped. But I've used both Contrast and Cropping lots of other projects with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidm6207557  wrote

<< Something in the background may have done an update without you being aware of it. >>

I'm a bit confused by that – didn't you mean that I should update the driver?

In that case, try rolling it back.

davidm6207557  wrote

As far as one effect being the problem, of the 30 or so clips, maybe 2 or 3 have some Contrast added, but almost all of them are Cropped. But I've used both Contrast and Cropping lots of other projects with no problem.

Have you tried my suggestion to remove some effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet – the problem is that I want all the effects (which, as I say, is almost entirely Cropping). This seems to lead back to the question topic title: "Too many effects?" If that's the answer then I will indeed have to just remove them gradually until the video exports properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidm6207557  wrote

"Too many effects?"

That's not the problem.

A single effect may be the offender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahh, you mean one instance of the effect. Well, that would involve some tedium: going through each instance of the effect, removing it, exporting, and seeing if it works. But I may have to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines