• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem remote debugging PPro Custom Panel in Chrome: console not working properly

Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble with the JS console in Chrome when remote debugging PPro.

Hitting RETURN simple adds a line feed, but doesn't execute the JS command.

The console for this version of Chrome works fine on regular websites, but not when debugging PPro Panel.

Doesn't seem to be the particular computer I'm on -- same behavior on several so far.

This is Chrome 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit) on MacOS

In the past when something like this happens, I'll try a Fn-RETURN or a Option-RETURN, etc.  No luck in this case.

Example below.  Notice the cursor (the pipe a couple lines down from the entered command) -- the result of hitting RETURN a few times.

I've resorted to adding an <input> object into the Panel that executes console commands but would love to get things back to normal.  Any ideas?

ConsoleWeirdness.png

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have no idea what is causing this but it´s also not working in After Effects. Since the Premiere-console is just an HTML website with Javascript, I started to debug the keypress enter event. I found a function called isEnterKey which has a false condition check. When I overwrite this function, it´s all working (except for the arrow keys).

The workaround is this:

if you have the console open, hit cmd+alt+i in order to reveal Chrome's DevTools. Paste the following into th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have no idea what is causing this but it´s also not working in After Effects. Since the Premiere-console is just an HTML website with Javascript, I started to debug the keypress enter event. I found a function called isEnterKey which has a false condition check. When I overwrite this function, it´s all working (except for the arrow keys).

The workaround is this:

if you have the console open, hit cmd+alt+i in order to reveal Chrome's DevTools. Paste the following into the Chrome console and hit enter:

isEnterKey = function(event) { return event.keyCode!==229 && event.code==="Enter"};

Your enter key will work now.

I use this snippet a lot. Even if I do remote debugging sessions with customers.

I hope this helps.

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thomas_Szabo  wrote

I hope this helps.

It does indeed.  Great solution.  Thanks Thomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines