• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC 2015.8 [Overnight I have lost all Edit in and Photo Merge functions from LR CC to Photoshop CC and other applications like Nik software.]

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overnight I have lost all Edit in and Photo Merge functions from LR CC to Photoshop CC and other applications like Nik software. How do I get these functions back? Last night they were all working OK this morning they have all dissappeared

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

On the images that the "Edit in" options are greyed out, make sure that they are not flagged as missing (exclamation mark top right corner of the thumbnail in the Grid or Filmstrip). The "Edit In..." options are not available on a missing image (or a smart preview).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi spirosl,

You can restart your machine and open Lightroom and Photoshop and check if that helps.

else, you can try resetting Lightroom preferences back to default and check if that helps.

refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

I have tried both of those and unfortunately no success. I have restarted machine several times. I have now reset Preferences to default but this does not help either.

Regards

Spiros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the options grayed-out Or they are not there at all?

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are grayed-out.

Regards/Spiros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

There seems to be something unstable here.

I have tried to use this function on another image in another folder. Both files are CR2 files shot with the same camera a day apart. On one image options appear and  on the other they do not.

In case I need to as a member can I uninstall LR and reinstall without any problems?

Regards/Spiros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the images that the "Edit in" options are greyed out, make sure that they are not flagged as missing (exclamation mark top right corner of the thumbnail in the Grid or Filmstrip). The "Edit In..." options are not available on a missing image (or a smart preview).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mohit, that was it they were all smart previews. The files/folder was located and I can Edit in PS now.

Thanks for your assistance. Sometimes these tiny misfits drive you nuts!

Regards/Spiros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines