• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Showing clipping in Lightroom when all the colors clip instead of just one channel?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am shooting a ton of product photos for a website. I set them up and shot them with a strong diffused backlight so that I could blowout the background and it would be 100% white. That part worked about %90 perfectly. The issue I had was anything made of glass is not quite right. Luckily I shot in raw and made sure I was not clipping out my highlights.

Now I am in Lightroom and on these photos of glass product I am using a brush to go around the objects and make sure the background is clipped out to white. With "Show Clipping (j)" on it turns anywhere I have clipped out the white to red so you can see what is clipping. The issue I am having is the red shows when any color channel clips out, so if I rely solely on the red indicator I may have another color channel still having some information on the photo, so I get very subtle areas of color here and there. This normally is not an issue as I do not need to be so precise, but the glass objects are requiring me to be a little more detailed.

TL;DR: My question, is there a way to make the red only show when I am clipping every color 100% in the histogram, not just one color channel?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Develop module, while holding down the 'Alt' key and moving i.e. Highlights, Shadows ..., you can see some more information on the color clipping.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had previously used this but it is not exactly what I am needing, I need a solution that works live as I brush, There may not be a solution to my problem I was just checking to see if there were. Thank you for reminding me of this though as it will come in useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines