• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cant find hyperlink on toolbar

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am trying to link to my navigation bar.  i highlighted "home" and no hyperlink choice is there.  i put in my anchor point and i am watching a tutorial and there is a hyperlink in it but there is no hyperlink on my version. i have checked my 'window' and control is checked. i am on a trial with muse cc, could that be an issue? i am trying to see if i do like muse before i get roped into it for 1 yr.

thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Don’t think, we need the file. What we need is a clear and precise description which element should link to which anchor.

Is this element an image, a rectangle or a menu item? If it is a menu item, there are different ways to achieve this, but we should know "What should link to what?" The "Hyperlink" menu only is visible, it the element ca be used as a link. A complete menu can’t be a link, because the single items are links already.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your navigation bar a standard Muse menu widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a screenshot of your toolbar, if it is still not there? Once you click on it (almost everything single x or o), there should appear a hyperlink-section, it is sometimes on the right-hand side and sometimes in the middle, maybe depending on screen size as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heres a website i was playing around with which i made up.  either i am missing it or what i dont know.  according to the tutorial i added an anchor so that when i preview it and i hit the correct button it should go to the page. that is why i supposedly need the hyperlink. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

???

What do you intend? You want the complete menu (Home, About Me, Services, …) link to a different place?

And even a single menu entry wouldn't show up the "Hyperlink" menu, because, as I assume, your menu is automatically linking to the pages available.

Just have a look into this: https://helpx.adobe.com/muse/using/menu-widgets.html

Linking to an anchor: Place a rectangle, an image or a text frame wherever you want, select it and the "Hyperlink" menu will appear, where you can select the anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a responsive web site, thats what i was watching, i wish i still had the youtube video. i will keep looking. i have other pages labeled accordingly i just took a screenshot per the other guy. so you can see there is no hyperlink choice there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your screenshot. There is the complete menu bar selected. Of course you can’t assign a hyperlink to the complete menu bar. Therefore the hyperlink menu isn’t visible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still (we), sorry I don`t know what you want. Linking , anchors and menu don`t stay in contrary to responsiveness.

If you want to link to anchors on certain pages you must have something like a "menu", could be any buttons, text, dots, whatever you like. Of course you also can set your menu (as Günter told above) to "manual-mode" and link to anchors (why?).

If you want the complete menu link to an anchor you would have to set a rectangle above the whole menu as a, then, so-called button.

Don`t have a clue why one wants to do this, but ...

I think we need a muse.file or more screenshots (muse.file is better) reduced to your question (as light as possible) with empty pages

in your plan-mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t think, we need the file. What we need is a clear and precise description which element should link to which anchor.

Is this element an image, a rectangle or a menu item? If it is a menu item, there are different ways to achieve this, but we should know "What should link to what?" The "Hyperlink" menu only is visible, it the element ca be used as a link. A complete menu can’t be a link, because the single items are links already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok nevermind thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry totally a newbie when it comes to MUSE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder​: The problem seems to be, that lucillen46641511​uses the standard menu in "automatic mode". In this case the menu uses the page names/titles as menu label and the "Hyperlinks" dropdown doesn’t appear.

To change this:

a) Use a menu, which is set to "manual" or

b) Use a "dummy" page and set its menu options to "Include Page Without Hyperlink" (-> right click onto the page in plan mode)

In these cases,, the "Hyperlinks" menu is shown and can be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does she want to link, if it is an automatic menu?

And – she has to decide if she wants to link to a certain page or to an specific anchor on a specific page.

b) I learned a new trick anyway, because like this, one can link to an anchor on a specific page without the need of having to link to the page first. And I can still use the automatic generated menu. Like it.

But maybe lucillen46641511​​ got roped now if she doesn`t get back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines