• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

About Trim..

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am a post production worker. I am looking for a solution about trim. When I trim an image by one layer it deletes other area from all layer. Photoshop has an option in cropping that won't delete other area.But I need it in trim.

So, If anyone know this please tell me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The description of your procedure seems incomplete.

Pelase describe the exact steps, maybe with the help of screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trim is document based. In that it affects all layers not just a single layer.

You can however use a selection and create a mask for that layer, then if you want apply the mask.

Like so -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quicker way would be to invert the selection and hit the delete key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this idea but I need this on trim may be it's not possible in Photoshop. I tried in many ways.

Thanks for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once again: Your description seems incomplete. What exactly are you doing?

Why »Trim« exactly? Have you considered using the crop Tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I explain my whole idea that will be complex.

I want to make an complete action that where will set complete guideline of image. like

UCScreenshot20170304114404.png

I want to make it in action. I tried in many ways. My every image has different size so if I crop and record in action it won't be completed for every image. Because action record how much pixel left from top and left side. If I trim the model and set my guideline by canvas then I can see my background layer nothing have without model area. I need to keep shadow in this image. If I keep shadow before trim I can't set my guideline in action. That's  why I am finding the way that when I'll trim any images and expand size by canvas my background layer will be kept. Then I can keep my natural shadow by action also.

All these process I want make by action that's why I told you only the trim. Hope you understand now.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I explain my whole idea that will be complex.

Unfortunately I find your explanation unclear to say the least, you omitted the Layers Panel in the screenshot for example …

What are the guides good for anyway and how are they defined?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines