• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting video with transparent background for web

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What export settings would you use to get a web friendly file, out of a movie with a transparent background?
It's a short animation (2 secs) at 1920x1440 size. I need to export it with rgb+alpha, so I chose the png codec, which output a 44mb sized file.

Is it possible to get it under 10mb somehow?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

It's for a website that needs to be fully responsive.

Ahem... With video? That's an oxymoron just like expecting full HD video with an Alpha channel to come in under 10 MB. Even if you were to use WebM or Ogg video this would barely be doable and only so by massively sacrificing quality. I'm afraid you want the impossible and need to compromise. Most of that stuff is simply scaled up, anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your delivery specifications?  What does the next person who will use your work need for success?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to be an quick to load video that can play on top of a gradient background on scroll down. It needs to play once and stop on last frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahem... With video? That's an oxymoron just like expecting full HD video with an Alpha channel to come in under 10 MB. Even if you were to use WebM or Ogg video this would barely be doable and only so by massively sacrificing quality. I'm afraid you want the impossible and need to compromise. Most of that stuff is simply scaled up, anyway.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I thought it might be so, but I'm glad to have gotten it clarified.
Thanks Mylenium. I'll try to scale the video down a bit to get it smaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines