• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form Button

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have created a button on my form to email the form to the client and my office. The engineers use the form on there iPads for completion before emailing. Should the button disappear from the form on the copy received by the customer and office. Thankyou

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Many scripts won't work on mobile devices. You can try doing it by adding a show/hide field command, as I've described before, but I can't say for sure that will work, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really up to you... If you don't want the end users to use it, then yes, it's probably a good idea to hide it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood but I need the button to be visible on the engineers iPad but not visible on the PDF received by the customer and was wondering how to achieve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just before the Submit command add a command to hide the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but do you mean within the properties of the button where you can select visible or not visible but trying this also removes from Engineers copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're editing the form in Acrobat, right?

So under the button's Actions I assume you have a Submit Form command. In addition to it add a "Show/hide field" command and select to hide the button itself. Just make sure this new command is located before the Submit command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I am not a coder and new to this So please forgive my ignorance. I have in actions "select JavaScript" and have included the java script to select email addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah OK, if you're doing it using a script then enter this line of code into it:

event.target.display = display.hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked and it became hidden the first time I tested it in preview but although I have now removed the code the button does not appear in preview of form. Also it does not appear on iPad copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moment you click the button it will hide itself... If you want you can add a command after the submit command to show it again, so it's only hidden on the submitted copy.

Use this code for that:

event.target.display = display.visible;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does disappear when submitting from preview and returns. But when submitting from iPad it is visible on customers and office copy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many scripts won't work on mobile devices. You can try doing it by adding a show/hide field command, as I've described before, but I can't say for sure that will work, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines