• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Bridge 2017 not placing Presets into After Effect 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to CC 2017. When I got into After Effect 2017 and just type out a text. I go to the into the effects and presets panel and click on browse presets, which opens into Bridge 2017. I drill down into Text, animate in and if I double click on any of the content…Nothing happens. The text layer is selected. I have also right click on the preset and selected place in adobe after effect. Nothing ever happens. Do I need to change a setting?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Thanks Szalam, I'm not sure where I found the solution! I went into the menu: Animation > apply animation preset > then chose the preset. You can't preview it there but have to look in Bridge separately to do that.

I think it comes down to language in the end - I wasn't sure what you meant by the 'animation presets section'

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you apply text animation presets from the Effects and Presets panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can apply the text animation from Effects and Presets. I'm still new to presets, and it's nice to see how they work in Bridge. It would be nice to apply the preset right from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, I create TEXT, then look for the presets, in my case TEXT. I then browse in Bridge cc2017 and all seems fine, but when I want to place an effect on the timeline - NOTHING. When I then go into Text, the only drop downs in the menu are (1) numbers and (2) Timecode , there is nothing else showing? I also get the following ;

I get the following error message when I try and apply an effect to a layer in my composition:

After Effects Error: Can't Import File "xxx.ffx": Unsupported Filetype or extension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mollypoint wrote:

When I then go into Text, the only drop downs in the menu are (1) numbers and (2) Timecode , there is nothing else showing?

You need to look in the Animation Presets section and not the Effects section of the Presets and Effects panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem too and can't find a solution anywhere.

I know that doesn't help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DianeEliz  wrote

I am having this problem too and can't find a solution anywhere.

I know that doesn't help!

Did my suggestion not help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Szalam, I'm not sure where I found the solution! I went into the menu: Animation > apply animation preset > then chose the preset. You can't preview it there but have to look in Bridge separately to do that.

I think it comes down to language in the end - I wasn't sure what you meant by the 'animation presets section'

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines