• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

erodible tip options changes its shape to custom

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erodible tip options (like pencil brushes in tools) changes its shape to custom when you increase/decrease brush size by keyboard hotkeys it won't happen if you will increase/decrease brush size by ctrl+alt+right mouse button left/right but it inconvenient for me maybe someone knows how to solve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you increase/decrease brush size by keyboard hotkeys

By which shortcuts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"[" and "]"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, as I use a non-english keyboard with English Photoshop I cannot test the behaviour because the square brackets already need the shift-key …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't matter - you may use your own shortcuts or default shortcuts. the matter is that you shouldn't use another method (when you can see red circle on your screen which changes its size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Photoshop keyboard shortcuts on can not customise unfortunately and, if I remember correctly, the square brackets for Brush-size are among those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2017 Mar 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are wrong. but it doesn't matter at all. the point is on different issue. please take a look carefully in the description above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I am wrong please explain how you can change the square brackets keyboard shortcut, I fail to find it under Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue.

Could you post screenshots with the Brush Panel visible over at what I assume is your Bug Report

erodible tip options changes its shape to custom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2017 Mar 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is standart brush tool called pencil 9B from adobe tool presets with size 100px (for better looking). photoshop cc 2017.0.0 release. wacom intous 4m, driver 6.3.15-2. windows 10 pro x64.

unfortunately I can't take the cursor to show how changed the shape.

I wanted to say if you want to reproduce the issue you should "draw" for a while (make N times brush size changes) at least about 5 minutes active drawing with several brush changes by hotkeys ("[" and "]")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

photoshop has two different methods to change brush size:

1)by keyboard shortcuts "[" - decrease and "]" increase

2)by holding "ctrl+alt+right mouse button" and move mouse/stylus to the left or to the right (there will pop up the circle on the screen which shows the size)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate the effect you describe here but although the shape changes to "Custom" in the brush panel there does not appear to be any actual difference in the brush shape itself (i.e. as far as I could see, a point seems to remain a point when drawing - flat remains flat etc).

If you want to raise as a problem use the link below where it is more likely to be seen by Adobe staff

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately in my case the "custom" shape preference affects to the real brush shape. I know that because that's how I figured it out. when I'm drawing I noticed that that brush behaves not correct after a while so I started to find what's wrong and then I found it - that was that I describet above

thank you for the link Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines