• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Popupmenues after some editing actions!

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is the right place to get support?

Software:

• Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Version: 2015.023.20070
  • Adobe Acrobat X, Version: 10.1.16

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit-DE.Hardware:

• Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
  • 16-GB Ram

We use Acrobat in our Company on some Computers. For Instance since one of the last, from Adobe automatically installed Updates (unknown), we have Problems with the right-mouse-button Property-menue (or direct click on object->popup-menues / see picture). they dissappears after some actions.

Problem: The Popup-Menues are lost or exists no longer (missing)! After...

• we combine Pdf documents (merge) -> all popmenues are lost, or
  • we use Insert another Pdf from file, the Popmenues from the inserted file -> lost, or
  • we edit for example, the documents -open Properties, like the "Layout and Macnification" -> ok -> save -> reopen -> also lost!

In this screenshot-area you can see a created popup-menue from which I talk:

(normaly it pops up when you click at the object in the PDF or rmb-click) - this popups disappears as above described...

popupmenues.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are the menus implemented? Would you be able to share some files that show this behavior? We would need the original files and instructions about how to recreate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

our Software creates automatically this popups. This is: Mentor Graphics, the Schematic Tool called "DxDesigner", Version VX2.1.

I created a Zipfile file for you (7z) and it contains 2 sample pdf-files. In "DemoSchemTest.pdf" are the popups.

But how to upload here a file? I just find "Bild einfügen" (insert Picture).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com and share the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich bekomme leider immer nur das angezeigt auf der cloud.acrobat.com... (wird also noch dauern bis ich was hochladen kann)

adobe-cloud.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were global problems yesterday with some cloud apps because of a shutdown of the AWS servers. Try it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's still the same... the cloud is not available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear the cache and the cookies of the browser or use a other browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try refreshing the page. It should be working fine now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope

I tried it now with IE, Chrome and Firefox and on three different Computers. Each the same. after Login on cloud.Acrobat.com -> nix geht mehr.

adobe-cloud.png

Ich denke ich werde das Problem jetzt an unsere IT übergeben. Vielleicht können die auf diese Seite zugreifen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Google Drive or Dropbox...

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 1:35 PM, jürgenh20574902 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

before I proceed here,.. is this the official Support from Acrobat?

What if we have at anytime confidential data?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not the official Adobe support. Most users here are users of Adobe's technology, just like you. Anything you post here is public.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to get official Support? There Homepage is not easy to navigate (in this way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html (don't use any of the "Forum" options, otherwise you will end up here again)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be warned: You're going to have to pay a lot of money for official support with scripting issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some instructions about how to share a link using Adobe's Document Cloud: Share Documents via Adobe's Document Cloud - KHKonsulting LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also use ZIP instead, more people can read it easily...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be pointless to contact support as you do not have anything that is supported.

Reader is free - no support.

Acrobat X is End-of-life - no support.

Perhaps we could help you if you could manage to upload a file. These menus do not look like any standard or usual thing, so we need to know how they are made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the result of a call to the JS methods popUpMenu or popUpMenuEx...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, these methods seem little used so I was not familiar with what their results looked like. Maybe more standard than I thought. But we still need a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, before I proceed here, I contact the Support from the other Software.

First I thought it can only be an Acrobat patch, because of when I merge the error occurs, else not!. But who knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jürgenh20574902  wrote

okay, before I proceed here, I contact the Support from the other Software.

First I thought it can only be an Acrobat patch, because of when I merge the error occurs, else not!. But who knows.

The last update of Acrobat X was in the year 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja das schließt Acrobat zunächst aus. Die Ursachen können jetzt in .net oder sonstigen Windows Updates liegen, aber natürlich auch an der Erstellungs-Quelle oder Adobe Reader -Updates am System, Dll's werden oft geteilt (shared).

Egal jetzt, an der Stelle kann der Post eigentlich auch geschlossen werden. Ich versuche anderweitig Support zu erhalten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, to take a step back, what happens when two PDF files containing form fields are combined? Certainly some things may be lost according to how you merge. For example inserting and replacing pages will do different things. You presented this as being about the menus, but have you checked form fields in general? And document level scripts? Are document level scripts used?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines