• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform option missing in video track for simple shape

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dumbfounded - why does such as simple feature need to become so complex in Adobe CC?

I recently watched a Lynda.com tutorial about the creation of animated Gifs, and the expert showed how one can scale a shape layer in the timeline video track using key frames. Now in CC it is no longer there, except for two added features "Vector mask Position" and "Vector Mask Enable". But no matter what I do, I cannot get a vector shape to transform in its size over time.

For the love of mike - does this have to be so difficult?

Please, anyone?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Hi

Right click on your layer in the layer panel and convert the shape layer to a smart object

You can now add the transform keyframes in the timeline

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just add - in CS6 there is a "Transform" option in the track in addition to the usual Position, Opacity and Style options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What software are you using? Some experts in these forums might have some better suggestions for you, but you've posted in the Lounge. It's not specific to any software and isn't for support. The Lounge is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. Let us know what software you are using and a moderator can move your thread to a product-specific, support, forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - this was intended for the Photoshop forum! What's the role for the Lounge?

Thanks for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sargon63  wrote

Sorry - this was intended for the Photoshop forum! What's the role for the Lounge?

The Lounge is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. Like right now, for example, there are some threads on examples of bad design and excellent design. Basic mumblings, grumblings, etc. Sometimes political, sometimes funny. Basically, non-Adobe stuff, but sometimes discussion about Adobe in general and not product-specific.

I'll get your post moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it, thanks! And thank you so much for your help!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unmarked my post as correct since your initial question is still unanswered. I want someone who knows Photoshop to help you out because I'm pretty sure there's an easy solution to your problem.

(Thank you though; if you want to give me internet points, you can mark my posts  as helpful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam.

I haven't received any notification of a response to this question that you moved to the Photoshop discussion, and I was trying to find where it is, just in case there is something without me being notified, Unfortunately I cannot find the place where you moved the discussion - can you help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread you just replied to is the right one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O-ok! It looks like everybody is as dumbfounded as I am 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Right click on your layer in the layer panel and convert the shape layer to a smart object

You can now add the transform keyframes in the timeline

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Such a simple solution, but if one doesn't know it - one doesn't know it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you davescm! I was starting to panic until I found your response. Such a lifesaver right now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mr. Dave! It works and that saved my time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't really work for me. I have a shape layer and I want to change the shape - read move the bezier handles... I've converted the layer into a smart layer but if I then move the handles around (double clicking the smart layer) the shape is changed thrhoughout the timeline, despite I added keyframes at the start and end before changing the shape.

Like said in the topic starter... pretty sure in older versions of PS this transformations were possible and quite direct in terms of actions to be taken?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Individual bezier handle keyframes have never been part of Photoshop.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that you could only animate smart object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It works and that saved my time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I figured I'd add something here. If you have an object with a layer mask and you want to animate the object behind the layer mask, then just converting it to a smart object won't fix this. My layer was missing the transform option for keyframes too. The solution I found was to delete the mask, convert the layer to smart object, then reapply the mask to the smart object in the main document. (so not in the smart object itself). Now the keyframe transform option is there and you can animate the new smart object.

(Note: I know the original question was already answered, but this was among the first results shown for my question. I hope this will help others who run into this. Thanks again for the previous answers.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines