• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting rid of Software you installed that I don't want [Macs Ads Cleaner inadvertently installed when updating Flash player]

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to click on don't install Mac Ads Cleaner when I updated my Flash Player for my Mac. Now I can't seem to get the sucker uninstalled. I removed it from auto startup and deleted the program but it keeps coming back. It affects my performance by doing scans I don't want. It pops up during sessions in other applications asking me if there are pop-ups - (nope only you) - How can I get this piece of malware you installed by default off my machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what a nightmare.

google how to remove it and see if you can get help that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI robneville53 ,

Unfortunately, you were tricked into using a malicious Flash Player installer. None of the official Flash Player for Mac installers, downloaded from adobe.com, contain any third-party software.  If you have the link to the site you downloaded the installer, please private message it to me, or email it to phishing@adobe.com.  In the future, please only download Flash Player from the adobe.com site.

Googling Mac Ads Cleaner returns a bunch of results​ that may be of assistance in cleaning your system.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(i have to disagree with that.  flash player has had tag-along ware selected by default for many years.)

fp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad

Please re-read my comment:

None of the official Flash Player for Mac installers, downloaded from adobe.com, contain any third-party software.

You're screenshot is for Windows, not Mac.  The OP installed Flash Player for Mac, not Flash Player for Windows, and Flash Player for Mac installers do not have any third party software offers on the download page.  To verify, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions.  In step 1 select the Mac OS, then in step 2 select a Flash Player type (NPAPI or PPAPI), you will see that no third party offers are made.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(thank you for the clarification.  i didn't know that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Macafee or whatever the software name is. Is that a bogus installer too. I seem to get that when I go to the adobe site. This is why I guess I didn't notice.

Sent from Rob's iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi robneville53

The OP was installing Flash Player for Mac, not for Windows.  The Windows installers do have the third party offers on the download page.   Mac installers do not.  If you do not see the third party offers when downloading Flash Player for Windows it's possible you have JavaScript disabled (either directly in the browser, or some add-on that disables is) or some other ad-blocker that hides the offers.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines