• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC is crap

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After getting tossed from one phone rep to another, eventually I was directed to this online chat "solution". Feel free to review and come to you own conclusion but in general if there was another product that I could use, I would never use Adobe anything ever again and more specifically Adobe DC.

[what follows is a chat log that shows the op was not helped. i'm not sure he wants help, but in case he does i added the only relevent info below - kglad]

Screenshot - 1_12_2017 , 9_10_00 PM.png

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joelh63383059 ,

Sorry for the issue you are facing. Can  you please share following details to help us identify and resolve the issue ASAP:

- Acrobat Pro DC version you are using.

- 1 sample document where the issue is constantly reproducible.

- Is this issue specific to one file or are you facing the issue on multiple files?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a bit more information about what exactly it is you are experiencing. When you try to fill the form, what happens? What used to happen in Acrobat X, and what is different now? In general, I've never had any problems with forms that I created in for for Acrobat X (or even older versions) when I open them in Acrobat DC. The problem you are encountering may be something that is specific to this document (e.g. because of JavaScript in the PDF file), in which case we would need access to the document, or specific to your environment (e.g. because a folder level script was installed in Acrobat 9 that is required for the form to work, which is not yet installed in Acrobat DC), which would also make it very hard to debug the issue without actually seeing the form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Version.PNG

The first issue that comes up is a failed to load error.

Failed to load Acrobat.PNG

Next, any fill areas highlighted in blue will not allow any text modification. Not text added or deleted. This happens on multiple documents and these documents are not protected or restricted.Fail to fill Acrobat.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

start with: click help > repair installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done that multiple times. I haven't seen anything change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall your acrobat using the uninstaller

clean per Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

restart your computer

reinstall acrobat

any problem during installation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Acrobat Pro for over 12 years and this PRO DC is the worst, worst, worst version EVER!

What is going on??!!! I have to uninstall and go to an earlier version. What is Adobe doing about this!!??

This is the opposite of progress!! Please please stop ruining perfectly good programs to give someone a make-work job, or whatever happened here. It's a bloody disaster. Totally dissatisfied. ADOBE: Fix it NOW!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree. I couldn't deal with it anymore and wrote this: Acrobat Pro DC is a buggy, slow joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with you.  I've been using Acrobat for a few decades now and find DC entirely unusable (not a chance I will subscribe to their monthly extortion fee version).

Gotta hand it to them, Adobe has managed to take a decent functioning application and thoroughly redesign it into a pile of uselesss garbage (though, I do surmise that a pile of repuposed garbage has more intrinsic usefullness).

Way to kill your brand Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How the f do I simply create a text box to write the date in on a w-9 pdf? There truly isn't a worst company than Adobe and I love how they charge for upgrades to new "products" that are worse than previous editions.  The online chat help is a joke, they couldn't help themsleves

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, Adobe you are crap. Everything was ok until Camera Raw 12.3. It's crap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Acrobat DC is a major step backwards, even now, 5 years after release it is still SO SLOW, uses too much space around everything (designed for iPad, not professional desktop use), vertical space reduction is a disaster. Comments, OMG, comments is SO SLOW and frustrating. To select text in a comment, I double click on the text... but no, it then changes the comment window to a smaller text view and I have to double click again to get the text, adding steps to my workflow instead of reducing them. This is the opposite of progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So glad I still have my legacy versions, otherwise I'd be looking elsewhere for a pdf app.

Not the right path for the company that created the format in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having such a miserable time trying to use this worthless app to sign a document on my phone. Absolute misery! The responsiveness is like 1999 trying to put signature in is taking me 30 minutes and I'm still not there. Out of frustration I have come here to complain. How is Adobe still in business with such a poor offering in 2021????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently is is still garbage. Try to negotiate a drawing and add comments. It is now 2021. This program has always been a hot garbage pile. It can't function on Teams. 

I have a maxed out Surface Studio 2 and it glitches and constantly causes issues.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it's 2022 and still this programme is buggy and slow. There is no other piece of software that makes me grimmace and curse as much as Acrobat DC. I doubt Acrobat would circuating without Photoshop/Illustrator keeping Adobe afloat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a couple of PDF editor in my career life (different companies' IT departments choose different products), and could not agree more that Adobe has the WORST user experience, that there is no other PDF editor can match it from this aspect. High cost is charged without high value user experience. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is a COMPLETE CRAP. Makes NO sense why it dominates the market.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I 1000% agree.  This is tripling the time it used to take to do the same editing tasks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  Adobe went the Microsoft route and took something that worked really well and broke it, leaving you with no choice but to accept the broken version.  I guess too many silver spoon kids were given jobs at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe and Microsoft need to go back ten years then study that, don't change anything and yes all us users will be happy again. Simples.  You changing these programs for the sake of it is frustrating all us users. Heard of the saying if it aint broke dont touch it!! Please review your old and don't don't release it until it's tested. I have wasted too many hours trying to make things work again. Your Pro version and apps are not nice either, not easy to use. I wan't to get my steel rule and smash the developer over the knuckles.  I think you get the hint and our frustrations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines