• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ghosting with Select and Mask Tool

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flower Ghosting.jpgI'm using the Select and Mask tool to isolate watercolor images. I'm getting a grey ghosting in the area I'm using the refine edge tool on. Any suggestions for a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Hi Dave,

I've figured out a 'work around' -- however, there may be a much simpler way to do it. I've copied the selected image modified in Select and Mask to a new PS file and then downloaded it as a png. It transports into my designer program without the grey mess.

If you know of a quicker way I'd love to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather

I can see that rather nasty result. Are you able to paste the original area that you are selecting from - that way we can try and advise you if there is a better way to select it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

I've figured out a 'work around' -- however, there may be a much simpler way to do it. I've copied the selected image modified in Select and Mask to a new PS file and then downloaded it as a png. It transports into my designer program without the grey mess.

If you know of a quicker way I'd love to hear it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may be a better way to make the initial selection - that's why I was asking you were able to post the same area but from the original before you selected with S&M

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it.

Here's a screen shot of the selected image prior to opening Select & Mask. Thank you.Screen Shot 2017-03-02 at 1.39.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks

Just to be clear was your aim to select just the colours and have no white selected or was it to take that entire enclosed patch in a selection including the white?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To take the entire enclosed section with the interior white. I need to have good edging without any digital line or white ghosting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK got it.

Can you post one without the marching ants and as high a resolution as you can. I'll have a go and post back what I did.

When I try and select from your screenshot the edge is influenced by those marching ants

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather - there was no attachment on your last post.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the background is pretty much white already a combination of Blend Modes, Knock outs, Blend if-settings can be used to achieve a fairly decent result in my opinion.

cropUnpremultiplyTestScr.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines