• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom [Unable to open Raw files in Lightroom 5]

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought the Lightroom 5 a couple years ago when it wasn't combined with Creative Cloud. I recently bought a newer camera and the older version of Lightroom won't download my pictures. Can I download an updated version so I can download my pictures or do I have to subscribe to Creative Cloud now? Anyone know?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Canon 80D Raw photos require that you purchase Lightroom 6.5/Lightroom CC 2015.5 or later. Or use the FREE Adobe DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which camera make and model are your Raw files from?

You have a couple of options:

1. Join the Cloud and open your files in Lightroom CC, or
  2. Download the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert all Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Lightroom 5. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC
    Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also do option 3 - upgrade to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, missed that option. Thanks Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought an 80D canon today, and lightroom 6 last week and today found out that I was not able to open the raw files from 80D.

any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

any ideas?

The answer has  already been given in this discussion. You need Lightroom 6.5 or later. That's a free update for you.

The current version of Lightroom 6 is 6.13 which includes 6.5 and all subsequent updates.

Download and install 6.13 from

Download Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have just upgraded to V6 and still getting the same problem, even though it should be able to handle RAW images from my Canon 5D Mk4. Can seem to see how DNG converter can help as I can't access the files from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

richarda4793996  wrote

Have just upgraded to V6 and still getting the same problem, even though it should be able to handle RAW images from my Canon 5D Mk4. Can seem to see how DNG converter can help as I can't access the files from the camera.

COnfirm the version of Lightroom that you have installed by going to Help->System Info. If it is not Version 6.5 or later, then that's the cause of your problem and need to update to 6.5 or later (probably you should just go to 6.8) from the links at Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great! Updated from your instructions and works fine! Many thanks!

Richard Allan

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded from your instructions and all works fine now! Many thanks !

Richard Allan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much is it to upgrade to 6?

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 8:39 AM, JeffreyOD<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

|

Lightroom

JeffreyOD marked Bob Somrak's reply on Lightroom as helpful. View the full reply

Marked as helpful:

You can also do option 3 - upgrade to Lightroom 6

Following Lightroom in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tinalerohl  wrote

How much is it to upgrade to 6? 

The upgrade is 79 US Dollars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I now have a Canon 80D. These are the photos I can't download. I want to be able to edit in the raw format to get most of the information.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:28 PM, John Waller<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Lightroom

created by John Waller in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Which camera make and model are your Raw files from?

You have a couple of options:

- Join the Cloud and open your files in Lightroom CC, or

- Download the free Adobe DNG converter, batch convert all Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in Lightroom 5. An extra step for you but no extra cost.

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter

Adobe Photoshop CC

Troubleshoot Adobe Camera Raw Compatibility Photoshop Lightroom

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9365780#9365780 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9365780#9365780

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 80D Raw photos require that you purchase Lightroom 6.5/Lightroom CC 2015.5 or later. Or use the FREE Adobe DNG converter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What all comes with Lightroom CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should also be pointed out that when the Raw (in this case, Canon .CR2) files are converted to .DNG, the image data section of the file is unchanged and remains Raw data with all the same processing advantages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines