• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 on a Mac: recognizing tif files

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been importing tif files from my scanner for YEARS. Suddenly, the tif files from my scanner are not found by LR5, although they are perfectly viewable from PS6 and the Mac finder. WTF? Just yesterday, I imported tif files that I scanned - today, LR5 can't see a tif file...

WTF?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Your catalog is not corrupted. If it was corrupted, it would not even open.

The photos are not importing because either:

1. The photos have been previously imported (perhaps you don't remember importing them?) and you need to search for them in the Library module
  2. You have run into a bug that other people have occasionally reported where Lightroom mis-identifies the file as previously imported, in which case you might want to try changing the file name using your operating system to see if it will impo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain "not found" in a lot more detail. What steps do you follow? What happens when you try? What is the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Import, select the tif files I want to import, then select the Import button. The error message was something to the effect that the image could not be found. I would reproduce it to get the exact message, but now, LR5 displays *all* tif files as "greyed out" and unselectable from Import. I have a whole folder of tif files generated from my scanner software (VueScan) that are displayed in the Import window, but the first several hundred are "greyed out" and unselctable for Import. When I select one tif image recently scanned for import that is not "greyed out", and hit Import, the message is: No photos or video were found to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grayed out images at Import means the photos have previously been imported into Lightroom and there's no need to import them again.

So what you need to do is find the photos in the Library Module and then you can edit them or perform any other task in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that grayed out images are previously imported. What I don't understand is why approx. 5 images just recently scanned (via VueScan, just as the hundreds scanned previously) the same way, producing tif files will not import, getting the message No photos or video were found to import. If I select one of the recent 5 and any other image not previously imported, only the other image is imported. Could this be a corrupted catalogue?  If we can't be free at least we can be cheap. -FZ

To: Steve Lafond [personal information removed by moderator]

Sent: Friday, March 3, 2017 5:35 AM

Subject:  LR5 on a Mac: recognizing tif files

LR5 on a Mac: recognizing tif files

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionGrayed out images at Import means the photos have previously been imported into Lightroom and there's no need to import them again. So what you need to do is find the photos in the Library Module and then you can edit them or perform any other task in Lightroom. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9368886#9368886 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9368886#9368886 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"  Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.  This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your catalog is not corrupted. If it was corrupted, it would not even open.

The photos are not importing because either:

1. The photos have been previously imported (perhaps you don't remember importing them?) and you need to search for them in the Library module
  2. You have run into a bug that other people have occasionally reported where Lightroom mis-identifies the file as previously imported, in which case you might want to try changing the file name using your operating system to see if it will import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your prompt response!

So, for case 1 (photos have been previously imported (perhaps you don't remember importing them?)), wouldn't they be grayed out? These images are not grayed out, but still exhibit the behavior (No photos or video were found to import). I searched for the image that would not import in the Library module, but could not find it. It would appear that this is a bug (not graying out an image that has already been imported, then failing the import because the image could not be found). I could open the image with PS and Preview (on a Mac).

Renaming allowed me to import them, so I now have a workaround.

Thanks for your time - much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines